Sunday 7 August 2011

Woah.

Well, what a traumatic experience I had this morning 
Woke up.. couldn't breathe.. always a good start to the day!

It was about 6:45am and I drifted into conciousness (I sleep like a log!) and my throat was all tight and I was wheezing like Wheezy from toy story, at first it felt like I just had a really chesty cough and I needed to clear my throat, but no it wouldn't go away. I wondered into mums room (yeah i'm a big wuss and mum looks after me.. she is a nurse so it kinda helps if i'm dying plus she was going to work anyway)
She said I didn't sound too good (that's not good when your mums a nurse!, they normally go oh your not dying go back to bed an whack you with whatevers in the magical drug cupboard) 
So yeah mum got dressed into her work gear and we went to the hospital, and it was still 7am, so bloody early! To my amazement A&E was empty (yay) you normally have to wait like 7 days before you get looked at. They did all the usual checked my blood pressure etc..
I had/was having an asthma attack.. waaaaat! 

I used to have asthma as a child but it was only because id had pneumonia and a collapsed lung when I was little  so they gave me an inhaler just in case. 
So yeah anyway they gave me this mask with some "opening airway stuff" it smelt funny and made your mouth go dry. After I had that mum said to me "Oh your heart rates going to increase now" and how strange it was, my hands wouldn't stop shaking
but after the gassy mask thingy I was fine I could breathe again without sounding like a steam train

however it was strange what they put me on afterwards.. i'm now on a 5 day course of steriods.. yes you read it right steriods, i thought that was really strange but mum eplained what it does in her medical termonolgy 8)

I got to keep a little inhaler too its my souvenir!

so yeah not a really exciting post but more of i've just turned asthmatic overnight this is strange..

The doctors and my mum think it could be cause I changed my bedding last night and I have a hell of a lot of dust in my room or that it was because I was near 4 doggies last night. we have a dog though and its never affected me before. 

Anyone had similar experiences?
Or maybe not, that was my experience at A&E at half 7 this morning anyway :)

p.s. i'm still alive for now aha

much love x

3 comments:

  1. aww sorry to hear about your traumatic experience, but atleast you now know what it is! thanks for following :) keep up the great work xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank god your mum took you to hospital. My mum probably would have told me to go for a sleep or something! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad yout ok :) thank god your mom did the right thing xoxo

    ReplyDelete