Monday 8 August 2011

Room Gut!

I'm not at work today or tomorrow so i've decided to GUT my room :)
my rooms pretty small, and a third of its taken up by a wardrobe and half is taken up by a double bed so as you can imagine my room gets cluttered with junk from time to time.
At the moment its cluttered with all my college work as I brought everything home and it has found its way in a pile under my desk (let me tell you its a BIG pile)
Because i've now left sixth form I  don't really need some of this crap so hey ho it's got to go!
My room is pretty dark colours, Reds, Browns, Blacks and most of the walls are cream.
I just get really bored REALLY easy so i'll try and have a good change around too.

Other things i'm wanting to do with my room include..

  • Buy new bedding,  maybe go for a cream pattern, my beddings black so it makes to room look even tinier 
  • Buy little cute storage boxes, I have junk everywhere!   
  • I'm in desperate need of a mirror to go on my desk, at the moment its cluttered with junk and I have no chance. I do have a mirror in my room but its a big full length mirror in my wardrobe and its dark in there so I can never really use it too much, I end up going in my mothers room (oh yeah, its dark in my wardrobe as it is a little converted walk in wardrobe me and my mum made :), it did take up lots of room though and my room is now a box) okay this isn't really a bullet point, but you get the idea I need a mirror!
  • I would love new furniture, all white furniture! mmmmmm but! i'm a bit old now, i'm off to uni in September and I won't be at home often enough to use it, plus its god damn expensive and it would be coming out of my budget haha 
  • pretty wall decals, there's a big white space by my notice board that I just need to fill with colour :) 

First things first, I need get out the junk 
Secondly me and mother will go to every last shop in our little town in search for these items, 
I may find a vintage mirror in a charity shop, and it will be cheaper than buying a brand new one

I'll update this post with some before and after piccies, as I have my boyfriends SLR camera at hand muahah, i'll take advantage seen as though he left it :) 

Now to the cleaning!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment